Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lonely Heart


So Mike has been gone for about 51 days now (who's counting right?) and I have to be honest, this has been the longest 51 days of my life! I think this is the longest we have ever been apart and I have tried to be strong and not think about when he is coming home, just remembering that it will be soon, but the last few weeks have been the hardest. Its usually fine until Kira goes to bed and I sit on my couch and realize that I am alone. Since Mike left I can't get to sleep til the early hours of the morning and I wake up a couple of times through the night, then usually get up at about 7. Is it just that I don't have a warm body next to me? Anyway, it sucks, I thought he would be home the beginning of June but I talked to him last week and he told me mid June:( When I get really sad I just remember my favorite quote, "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be." When Mike leaves it reminds me of how much I really do love him, and that life without him would be like a fish without water, you just wouldn't survive. Come home soon Mike xxx

No comments: