Sunday, June 15, 2008

Panera Bread Maham

So this morning I decided to take Kira to panera bread for breakfast, she really likes their bagels and grilled cheese sandwiches. For those of you who have been to the panera bread at fry and I-10 you know that when you walk in the front door there is a register all the way to the left that says for pick up and then to the right a counter about 10 ft long and then 4 more registers. When you go in you usually have to kind of guess which register to go to, but today there was already someone being served at the register on the left which I have been served at a number of times even though it says pick up, so I proceeded to line up behind the man. Behind me was another man that had just walked in and lined up. The man in front got his food and left and the lady that was serving him walked away, so I waited for someone to come and serve me. As I waited patiently with Kira tugging on my leg asking for food a lady walks through the front door (apparently not knowing what a line looks like) with her husband and walks straight to the front of the line at one of the other empty registers. Well then the man behind me very politely said “ma’am, we are in line” , so then the woman turns around to him and very rudely replies, “well if your in line you should not be standing all the way over there” then she turned around and stayed where she was. Well this got me a little flustered cause the guy was really nice about it and she looked at me also when she said that. So, I said to her “ACTUALLY, the lady was serving over here so this is where the line should be!” Then the bitch says “wow, there are some rude people out this morning, this is ridiculous”. Well this just really pissed me off and if Kira was not with me I would be cussing the woman out at this point, but I try to watch my language around Kira since she started repeating everything, so I took a few steps toward the woman to make her nervous and said, “well if you weren’t being such a cow as soon as you walked through the front door there would not be a problem”, then I stepped in front of her in the line and turned around and said “and by the way, that nice gentleman is STILL in line, in front of you!” The lady then backed off and waited her turn in line constantly muttering stuff under her breath. Her husband stood there and did not say a word, he just looked really embarrassed. I am so tired of people thinking they can do what the want and be assholes to people they don’t know, and thinking that they are better than everyone else. After all of it was over I walked away the same way I walked in, with my head held high and a smile on my face, I refuse to let someone like that ruin my day, especially a complete stranger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nerve of some people. I think you handled it MUCH better than I would have. Good for you!